to my blog


On this page I blog about whatever is on my mind, I share my thoughts on all kinds of topics which fascinate me. Including fitness , personal development, philosophy, psychology and Neuroscience and all other weird and wonderful things.

  • Hardeep Singh

#5 - Choose your habits WISELY

“We are what we repeatedly do. Excellence, then, is not an act, but a habit.


I believe to every fibre in my body that no one is cut from different cloth. What one human can do another human can do is well. Habits are the tools that human uses to weave themseleves into beautiful tapestry. If you look at athlete most of time people are speechless by their looks and talent E.g. Ronaldo, Rooney, Tiger woods. But what most of people don’t see is day in day out training. Champions don’t do extraordinary things. They do ordinary things, but they do them without thinking, too fast for the other team to react. They follow the habits they’ve learned.

The 19th century psychologist William James observed, “All our life is but a mass of habits. I read a scientific study which stated 90% Results in life is direct result of your habits. This means you only choose 10% of your results, the other 90% is due to a habit. It is because the human mind can consciously only focus on so many things the rest it has to create a habit and place the routine on auto pilot.

Why you should choose you habits?

The problem is majority of the People do not consciously choose their habits. People let their environment or CIRCUSTANCES dictate their habits.  If you friends have bad habits and you do not choose your habits, you are going to take on their habits. The issue with letting your environment or CIRCUSTANCES dictate your habit is okay if you are in good environment.

In a perfect world everyone would be living in good environment but we do not live in prefect world. Some of us have negative family and friends who complain, smoke, eat unhealthy foods and watch Jordy shore (why aye). If you let these people dictate your habits you will not moving towards your goals, vison and dream.

How to choose you habits?

The best way to choose the correct habit is model someone else’s habit who is already successful. If you want to be great footballer look at what Cristiano Ronaldo does and then copy his habits into your daily routine. If you want to be great actor copy what Leonardo

DiCaprio does.I highly recommend keeping a spreadsheet to keep track of your habits at least for the first 60 days. 

11 views0 comments

Recent Posts

See All